Thursday 16 February 2012

Day 6: I think they're trying to kill me.

Today, I walked 25km. Yes,TWENTY FIVE km. The real theme of the day was Visions. I'm not too sure what else but I can safely say that I saw a vision of my blistered-covered feet by the end of the day!

At 12pm we were split into groups, given a map, a task, some high- vis jackets and a video camera. Our assignment was to reach our destination and make a video to our great, great grandchildren, telling them something form the training that we would like to share with them and what we would like to create with it. Before we were sent off on our merry way, Andrew asked, "What is your intention for the day?."
My reply was that I wanted to have an adventure. Lord, did I have an adventure...




It was a long day. Incredibly long day. We walked, pretty much non stop, for over 8 hours. In other circumstances, this would be hell. Although I couldn't move when I eventually arrived back at the Olde Vechte at 9 o'clock, it was a fantastic day. 

I got to explore the beautiful countryside:

When you spend 8 hours walking with the same people, you really get to know them. I'm glad that I had the experience and really got to know people on a deeper level then I had.



We eventually arrived at Marienberg:


 Celebrations!!!!!!!!


The adventure began on our return to the Olde Vechte. Myself, Donara and Oana thought it would be a fantastic idea to walk the 12.5km back home, instead of getting a train, because we're hardcore like that. 
3 foreign girls, walking in pitch darkness through woods for 3 and a half hours, sounds safe. To be honest, it was pretty terrifying! I couldn't help by thinking we were being the typical stereotype from a horror movie and that a figure was going to drag us into the woods at any moment.

We were supposed to arrive home at 7pm with our assignment done. We arrived home at 9pm without our assignment done. Productive! 


However, when we eventually trudged through the doors we were greeted like celebrities. The reality was that I think people were relieved that we were still alive...



So, today was another experience, another journey. Tomorrow is workshop days and I am excited!


Fin x

No comments:

Post a Comment