Monday 20 February 2012

Day 10 & Day 11: To lie or not to lie...

This post isn't going to be an easy one. My issue right now is whether to give an idealistic documentation of the last 2 days or to admit that they were complete hell.

1.My idealistic version goes something like this:

The last two days were fun, creativeinspiring and productive. Although tensions mounted at times, the atmosphere of comradery here in the Olde Vechte never faltered. Over the last 48 hours, the only faces here were happy faces.


 







Yesterday, it was an exciting experience to visit the space in which we would be performing:








(Although this unfortunately wasn't the space.)



Absolutely there was occasional moments of stress over the last few days but the most important thing was that people focused on communication and teamwork.With a few minor glitches along the way the group succeeded in creating a piece of art that we were all proud of. Roll on Amsterdam!!



2.My honest version goes something like this:

The last two days were stressful, frustrating, soul-destroying and exhausting. It's tough to create something with such a large, diverse group of people, in less then 2 days. With contrasting opinions, different visions and constant time restrictions, creating a full production including all the art forms was never going to be an easy task. The last two days proved that perhaps it is impossible.

It was a...surprising experience to visit the space in which we would be performing:

 (I really do wish I was joking...)



I believe that the last 48 hours may have slightly impacted the mental state of myself and the other members of the group:







It's disappointing to acknowledge the fact that something you created has a much lower standard then you had anticipated. I was unsure whether to admit the fact that our performance today was a complete mess but I've decided on the basis of honesty, and also fearing that a Youtube video may be leaked, I am going to be honest and admit that I was very disappointed. With a group of such talented people, who have succeeded in creating such fantastic works over the last 2 weeks, it was a shame that our final performance did not do us justice in any way.

I'm also admitting this because I am going to continue being optimistic and have faith in the group for the last 3 days. Tomorrow,we have a full day to improve or change the piece,before the performance in Amsterdam on Wednesday. I'm physically and emotionally tired, but I am willing to work hard in order to create something that I can be prouder of and that will give me some sort of feeling when I'm on stage. The quote "Fail better" comes to mind.


On a positive note, I would like to add that although the last 48 hours haven't been so fantastic, I got to meet Madonna's soul-mate which lifted my mood considerably. It would take hours to list the series of coincidences that connect these two human beings but I think that even the fact that both Meadhbh and Madonna like to wear hats says a lot:





I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring, but one can only hope...



Fin x



No comments:

Post a Comment